Truck Stops (NZ) Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Truck Investments Group, which is owned by Sime Darby Berhad.
Truck Investments Group
The Truck Investments Group is one of New Zealand's leading suppliers of new medium and heavy commercial vehicles. The Truck Investments Group of Companies consists of:
- Truck Investments Ltd – parent company
- Motor Truck Distributors (NZ) Ltd – Mack, Volvo and Renault franchises
- Hino Distributors (NZ) Ltd – Hino franchise
- TIL Finance – a division within Truck Investments Ltd
- Truck Stops (NZ) Ltd – nationwide commercial parts and service provider
Sime Darby is a Malaysia-based diversified multinational involved in key growth sectors, namely, plantations, property, motors, industrial equipment, energy & utilities and healthcare. Founded in 1910 – when Scotsman William Middleton Sime and Englishman Henry Darby teamed up to form a company to manage a rubber estate in Malacca – its business divisions seek to create positive benefits in the economy, environment and society where it has a presence.
With a workforce of over 100,000 employees in over 20 countries, Sime Darby is committed to building a sustainable future for all its stakeholders. It is one of the largest companies on Bursa Malaysia with a market capitalisation of RM59.37bn (USD19.49bn) as of 2 April 2012.