Have you ever considered how the clothes you are wearing, the goods you shop for, get into the shops in the first place? Trucks deliver 90% of the goods we all buy to the shops. Trucks require regular servicing and maintenance to cope with the demands placed upon them and we need skilled technicians to keep them on the road.
The Truck Stops Apprentice Programme is an opportunity for you to join us and work with some of the most modern and technologically advanced trucks on the road today. With an on-going commitment to the industry and the brands we represent, we recruit new apprentices annually through our nationwide recruitment drive aimed at attracting people who are passionate about trucks and the automotive industry. We currently have more than 50 apprentices, which makes us one of the largest employers of automotive apprentices in New Zealand.
We provide apprenticeships for:
- Heavy Vehicle Diesel Technician
- Automotive Parts & Accessories Merchandising
Our next Apprentice intake will commence on October 2017
- have a can do attitude and a willingness to learn;
- be prepared to commit to rigourous self study to complete your MITO qualification;
- have access to reliable transport to and from the branch you will be working at; and
- hold at least a restricted car license.
If you have the attributes we are looking for, prepare your curriculum vitae (CV) with two referees who are unrelated to you. Then visit our corporate careers website, type 'apprentice' in the search and then complete an ‘Apprenticeship Expression of Interest’ form.
As the successful apprentice, we will provide you with:
- a tool box loaded with tools (T&Cs apply);
- an incremental pay increase each time you achieve 50 MITO credits;
- a safe working environment;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- regular training at our purpose built National Development Centre in Auckland; and
- a structured career development plan and opportunities for succession.